It can be quite easy to 'drink' our calories. For example here are some popular drinks:
1) Costa Coffee Late - 292 kcal
2) Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino - 380 kcal
3) Innocent Smoothie - around 150 kcal
4) Can of Coca-Cola - 139 kcal
5) Pina Colada - 526 kcal
6) Pint of 5% beer - 239 kcal
When used alongside healthy lifestyle changes, certain beverages are more effective than others at promoting weight loss.
Here are 8 drinks that can help to support your fat loss journey:
1) Water - While no one's saying you'll wake up lighter simply by sipping water, evidence supports the water–weight loss connection: After all, 60% of your body is composed of water. By ensuring you are drinking enough helps you to reduce hunger & cravings, can help you to burn more calories and it helps your body to break down fat.
2) Protein Shakes - Increasing the amount of protein you eat may help support weight loss by regulating certain hormones and helping you feel fuller longer, among other benefits. Protein shakes are a quick, easy and cheap way to help increase your protein.
3) Herbal Tea - Herbal teas offer flavour and variation for those who like a hot drink and offer hydration whilst being low-calorie. You can also benefit from the array of different types of teas including chamomile that helps with relaxation, ginger for digestion and fennel for PMS relief. (And so many more)
4) Tea/Coffee - Plain, black tea or coffee is very low in calories and contains caffeine. Caffeine is a natural stimulant that may boost your metabolism and decrease levels of hunger hormones, which could prevent weight gain.
5) Champagne - No alcohol isn’t the best for fat loss as research suggests that alcohol energy is not efficiently used. But in the real world people do like to drink alcohol. Understanding which drinks are lower in calories (like Champagne) can help you stick to your goals whilst still enjoying life.
6) Diet Drinks - Water is always going to be the 'best' option, but if you need something else and you enjoy fizz opting for a diet / no sugar version of your favourite beverage from time to time is not going to hurt and will help you stay on track with your nutritional goals.
7) Sparkling Water - has been proven to be just as healthy and hydrating.So if you like fizz this is an even better option than diet soda.
8) Nut Milks - Most nut milks have 25-63% of the fat of cow milk. Experts also estimate that nearly 70% of us are intolerant to lactose so they can be a better for many of us on our gut. Obviously these would not be suitable for anyone with a nut allergy and make sure you pick up the unsweetened versions.
By making a conscious choice of the drinks you consume can make a huge impact on your fat loss journey.
If you're serious about losing fat and achieving your health goals, then it's time to take the next step and join my diet coaching program! With personalised guidance and support, you'll learn how to make sustainable changes to your diet and lifestyle that will help you reach your fat loss goals and maintain them long-term.
Join my diet coaching program today and let's work together to transform your body and your life!
Diet Coaching is our nutritional, educational an habit implementation plan that provides you with personalised and realistic targets alongside daily lifestyle goals. We work in a group with a designated support coach and me! We will give you daily support and guidance as well as accountability to achieve results and maintain them.