Weight is only one way to track progress … and it’s probably the most unreliable. Why?
Well it only measures weight, which fat is just one component of that. You’ve also got
🍲 digesting food
💁🏼♀️ then … fat
If you have more fat to lose, the scales will show more results than someone who has maybe just a little bit to lose. The average body fat % is:
🏆 Athletes 14-20%
🏃♀️ Fitness 21-24%
🧍🏾♀️ Acceptable 25-31%
🍕 Obesity >32%
Therefore if you’re perhaps falling in the ‘acceptable’ range trying to achieve the ‘fitness’ range of body fat % - only circa 25% of the weight on the scales will determine your fat. That leaves 75% of variant … that’s a huge number!
Reasons your weight may increase although you’re eating healthy …
1️⃣ Water Retention
3️⃣ Time of the month
4️⃣ Muscle gain
5️⃣ Using different scales
6️⃣ Lack of activity
7️⃣ Not tracking accurately
8️⃣ Not sleeping enough
9️⃣ Not drinking enough
🔟 Not being consistent (yo-yo dieting)
So … focus on pictures and measurements, clothes and mostly your emotional well-being, strength and energy for better monitoring of progress!
Want to learn more about nutrition, fitness and achieving your goals whilst maintaining a healthy relationship with food? Sign up for Diet Coaching. Flexible dieting, personalised exercise programme to suit your ability - NO FOOD PLANS - eat foods you enjoy, we'll help you make your own food plans!
Busy Mum? Hormone Imbalances? New to exercise? Mobility issues? Food allergies?
I got you!
Reserve your space for £20 here
Yours, thisfitmum ❤️